The information on this page only applies to students with a non-EEA nationality.
EEA students do not pay a guarantee fee to TU/e.
Students with a non-EEA nationality who have been admitted to a TU/e Bachelor's or (pre-)Master's program based on a non-Dutch previous education pay a guarantee fee in advance to confirm that they will enroll at the TU/e.
Guarantee fees for students without scholarship
Students who are financing their own study costs and who have the nationality of a non-EEA country are required to transfer the following amounts for the academic year 2023-2024:
Bachelor's students: € 13,000
Master's students: € 18,500
Pre-master’s students: € 1,500
This guarantee fee will be used to pay for the visa and/or residence permit application (€210,-) and the first year tuition fee.
The guarantee fee should be transferred to the TU/e bank account according these instructions for payment.
Any remaining money will be returned to you after you have enrolled at TU/e and after you have opened your Dutch bank account. We will start arranging your visa/residence permit and/or housing once we have received the confirmation statement, the guarantee fee, the proof of financial means and any documents required for a visa application.
Please note that International students with the nationality of a non-EEA country do not need to follow the payment instruction of the tuition fee stated elsewhere on this website. Payment of the guarantee fee is automatically payment of your first year tuition fee.
Guarantee fees for scholarship students and/or double degree master students
International non-EEA students who will receive a scholarship to fund their studies at TU/e or will join the TU/e through one of the following programs may transfer the reduced guarantee payment of €500:
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master BDMA
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Pixnet
- LPDP - Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education*
- Masterschool EIT-Digital
- Masterschool EIT Urban Mobility
* Students with scholarships from these organizations, please send proof of your scholarship to io@ before your arrive in Eindhoven. Students who will receive a scholarship from another organization (other than mentioned above), may also be eligible for a reduced guarantee fee. Please send official proof of your scholarship to tue.nlio@. tue.nl
Please also note that TU/e can’t send an invoice to the scholarship organization for the guarantee fee. You need to make your own arrangements for the guarantee fee to be paid.
The guarantee fee will be used to cover the actual costs:
- for the visa and/or residence permit application (€ 210). The guarantee fee should be transferred to the TU/e bank account according these instructions for payment.
The remaining guarantee fee amount which is not used will be returned to you after you have been enrolled at TU/e and after you have opened your Dutch bank account.
- TU/e will only start the visa and/or residence permit application when the full amount of the guarantee fee and the proof of financial means has been received. We will not start the procedure if you only transfer the visa and/or residence permit fee.
- If you decide not to start at TU/e after you have transferred the guarantee fee, TU/e will deduct the visa and/or residence permit fee (if the application has already been done). The remainder will be transferred back to you. The international transfer costs will also be deducted.
- If you already have a Dutch residence permit with another purpose than study or with the purpose of study, please follow the directions in the confirmation statement or here. The guarantee fee is not for payment of housing or other services. The guarantee fee only covers 1st year tuition fee and the visa and/or residence permit fee.