Language requirements for exchange students
Non EER Students should submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- Please note that we only accept the TOEFL internet-based test.
- Students can arrange for their TOEFL results to be sent to the TU/e directly by using the TU/e university code number 8615. Please also fill in department code 99: 'any department not listed' otherwise your results will not be sent to correct department at TU/e.
- IELTS (academic version) with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- University of Cambridge
- proof that you have passed the University of Cambridge 'Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)', or University of Cambridge 'Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)',grades A-C.
Please note that test results older than 2 years cannot be accepted.
Exemptions from the English language tests
- EER students do not have to submit a language test if they fill out Annex 2 of the application form.
- Students who have followed their previous education with English as the sole language of instruction in the following countries are exempted from the requirement to submit one of the above-mentioned language tests: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK and USA.
- Students who have gained a diploma at the Dutch vwo level (pre-university education level) are exempted.