Admission to the program
The Designing Human-System Interaction program is for people who
- are passionate about designing with AI and data;
- wish to improve the interaction between people and systems;
- wish to make technology truly accessible and beneficial;
- are interested in technological development and its impact on people;
- like to lead and work in multidisciplinary teams in an international context;
- like to be at the forefront of enabling technologies and want to exploit those technologies from the perspective of end-users, stakeholders, and business;
- are challenged by engineering problems and real-world constraints.
Eligible to the program are candidates with an academic master's degree in a relevant field, such as:
- Industrial Design, preferably with experience in technical systems;
- Mathematics and Computer Science, with interests in the application of Social sciences and psychology with mathematical skills;
- Human-computer Interaction;
- Interactive Digital Media;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Biomedical Engineering.
Candidates from other engineering fields may be eligible as well, provided they are interested in working with systems that involve users.
We will only admit trainees when the funding of their project has been assured.
Recruitment will be conducted for each project. The scientific director appoints a selection committee for each opening. The committee consists of the involved scientific supervisor, an independent scientific staff member, and an HR advisor. The committee follows the following process for the selection:
- Applications are shortlisted for interviews;
- The committee interviews the potential candidates.
The committee advises the scientific director, who makes the final decision on the selection. The selection criteria used are: (1) academic quality, (2) industrial aptitude, (3) supporting experiences, (4) motivation & drive.