Requirements and eligibility
We are looking for technical talents who:
- Have a clear ambition in an industrial career, and an inclination towards the design and development of innovative, complex products, transforming academic research results into practical solutions.
- Are highly motivated and ambitious;
- Want to further accelerate their career while helping their colleagues to further develop;
- Can think critically, and on various levels of abstraction;
- Want to learn how to communicate their ideas and thoughts effectively and efficiently to a broad, varied audience.
The EngD program track Mechatronic Systems Design (as TU/e employee) is open to recent university graduates, and in particular to MSc graduates (or similar level) in the field of mechatronics, robotics, systems & control, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, embedded systems, applied physics, aerospace engineering, or similar. Furthermore, the candidate is expected to have:
- Affinity with technology, keen interest in and good awareness of the current technological developments; knowledge of and affinity with mechatronics; experience with Matlab/Simulink or similar; preferably knowledge of classical feedback control theory, state space systems, and signal theory (or extended knowledge of other fields that are in high demand in the high tech sector, such as sensors, vision, machine learning, material science, tribology, cryogenics, and energy);
- An academic, critical attitude and a good awareness of the state of the art in engineering design for high tech systems, most notable in the area of the Master thesis project;
- The ability to choose and apply methods, tools, and techniques to solve actual, practical problems;
- The ability to stay abreast of current developments in the field of high end mechatronic systems;
- Better than average social and communicative competencies, including an excellent English proficiency in writing, speaking, reading, and understanding;
- Interest in being part of an international program with various cultures including the Dutch culture (and language).