Career opportunities MSD
This unique program enables the trainees to gain valuable competences that are highly appreciated by the high tech industry as well as other industry where system architecture, design, and engineering play an important role.
After completing this post-master program the graduate shall:
1. Have a sound background of knowledge and experience in using state-of-the-art methods and techniques for design, development, and implementation of one of the disciplines underlying the multidisciplinary field of high end mechatronic systems. In particular they have genuine experience in the full design and development lifecycle including:
- Articulation of the problem (stakeholder analysis, use case modeling);
- Analysis of the problem (requirements);
- Modeling the problem (abstract, formal, conceptual);
- Refinement of the solution (architecture, global design, detailed design, implementation);
- Taking emerging and possibly conflicting constraints into consideration;
- Integrating parts of a solution;
- Verification and validation of the solution.
3. Have a scientific approach to design, and capable of systematically exploring the available design options, and be proficient in motivating the appropriateness of the particular design choices made in the context.
2. Be aware of relevant industry's best-practices in the context of business developments where products are becoming more multidisciplinary, increasingly complex, and increasingly interconnected and distributed; where markets are becoming increasingly competitive with an ever shorter time-to-market; and where projects are becoming larger, more complex, increasingly multidisciplinary, and multi-site.
4. Effectively participate in a team in the design and development of complex, innovative products from all disciplines relevant for the high tech industry.
5. Be able to collaborate with engineers from other disciplines for the realization of the aforementioned products.
4. Be able to take a leading role in solving multidisciplinary problems, and have the competences to cooperate effectively and efficiently in various roles in an international and multidisciplinary project-oriented environment.
5. Technically lead a team of engineers and designers in a high tech environment.
This results in a number of competitive advantages for a career in the design and development of products and services for the high tech industry.