Are you thinking about becoming a data engineer or data scientist? How about a data entrepreneur or data consultant? Or would you prefer to prepare yourself for a career as a data-driven researcher? If so, the Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship master may well be exactly what you’re looking for!
The Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship master’s program is a joint degree combining the technological know-how of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) with the business, legal and societal insights of Tilburg University (TilburgU). In a nutshell, you learn to use data science to develop innovative activities for established corporations and promising start-ups by carrying out real-life assignments from partner organizations.
Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship is a two-year master’s program taught in English. This degree course starts in September. You cover the disciplines required to successfully apply data science responsibly in business and entrepreneurship. The program combines five disciplines, and this is how they work together:
- Data engineering is about designing systems handling the data infrastructure.
- Data analytics is about data science and artificial intelligence (AI) models you run on the data. Since all models inevitably provide an output, acquired skills such as interpreting, explaining, and interacting with this output are crucial.
- Data-driven decision making is therefore a pre-requisite.
- Data-driven business development is about translating the models into business impact.
- Law and ethics, the 5th discipline, must be aligned with the first four.
Eligibility requirements for the Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship master include the possession of a Bachelor's degree in the field of data science, AI, computer science, information systems, mathematics, or econometrics. Alternatively, a bachelor’s degree in business, entrepreneurship, management, psychology or economics with a solid quantitative component may also suffice.
There is a second intake in February – but this impacts the order of the courses and availability of the electives.
- You gain essential hands-on experience as most of the courses are set up together with our partner organizations, providing real-life data challenges.
- You graduate in the first multidisciplinary Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship program in the Netherlands with a master’s degree awarded by both TU/e and TilburgU.
- You study and work as part of a close-knit and interactive community of students, researchers, and companies on the dedicated data science campus of TU/e and TilburgU in ‘s-Hertogenbosch: Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS).
- You benefit from the support and encouragement of JADS Playground and MKB Datalab when starting out on your own as a freelancer, in consulting, or in a data solution business.
The Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship master’s and premaster’s programs have been developed jointly by the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Tilburg University. TilburgU exclusively oversees the application and admission procedure; you can find the complete, step-by-step, application process on the university website. Once you have completed your enrolment at TilburgU, you will automatically be enrolled at the TU/e and will gain access to the facilities of all three campuses in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Eindhoven and Tilburg.
Go to the website of Tilburg University here.
Do you want to stay informed about important information about studying at TU/e and upcoming events? Then create an account in MyStart@TU/e!
Graduate School Event
Visit the TU/e during the open day of our Graduate School
Explore and experience the TU/e Campus by yourself. Soak up the atmosphere, solve riddles and bring the campus to life through augmented and…
Master Student for a day
Join the program of your choice for a day
Want to know more about our bachelors, masters, EngD or PhD programs? Watch one of our program videos presented by our staff and students.
Ask a student
Do you have a question about the program or student life? Ask our students.