The two-year Structural Design program includes five core courses plus specialist and free electives and a final project. Specialist electives in both courses and projects related to structural design. Courses allow you to acquire individual knowledge and competences within the field of structural design, while projects can be divided into:
- Design projects (large span structures as well as high rise buildings), and
- Research projects (experimental research as well as numerical research)
The overall breakdown of the course is:
- Core courses in the Structural Design track (25 ECTS)
- Electives in the Structural Design track (30 ECTS)
- Free electives from the APB or other TU/e departments (20 ECTS)
- Graduation project (45 ECTS)
Within the electives group, we have introduced two special courses focusing on the construction technology of buildings. Students successfully completing an extra project within these courses will receive a Construction Technology certificate.
The graduation project is performed in the last three quarters of the second year. Projects can be carried out within innovative structural design, applied mechanics or structural materials, or any combinations of these fields.