Applications are formally accepted starting April 1, 2019. However, we will of course also reply to applications prior to this date. The first selection round will start April / May 2019, but you are welcome to apply till below mentioned deadlines. Final decisions are made not later than October 1, 2019 (for Dutch nationals not later than October 23). An interview (at our location or via Skype) is part of the second selection round, which is planned in principle for the period May - August.
- For Dutch nationals: September 30, 2019
- For EU nationals: August 15, 2019
- For non-EU nationals: July 15, 2019
Early application is strongly recommended as the number of positions is limited to 16
(8 positions for MSD, 8 positions for ASD) and positions may be filled before the deadline.
All candidates that are interested in the post-master program and fulfill the requirements must demonstrate their knowledge and capabilities in a personal interview with the selection committee. In order to be admitted into the selection procedure, you have to submit the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant B.Sc. diplomas and grade transcripts.
- Copies of relevant M.Sc. diplomas and grade transcripts.
- A copy (of a recent draft version) of your M.Sc. thesis in English or an abstract of your thesis in English
- Copies of scores of English proficiency tests (IELTS or TOEFL IBT, or Cambridge CAE/CPE). For IELTS the minimum score is 6.5, with no individual scores below 6.0. For TOEFL IBT the minimum is 90, with no individual scores below 21. Only applicants from the Netherlands, US, UK, Ireland, Australia and New-Zealand are exempted. If you intend to apply for one of our positions, start preparing in time for one of the English proficiency tests. We cannot handle your application without a (recent) score sheet of one of these English proficiency tests. If, at the time of your application, you didn’t take the exam yet but already planned a date for this exam, please inform us of the planned date. This date should lie before August 1.
- The names and contact addresses (preferably e-mail) of (at least) two people whom we can contact for more information about you and your (thesis) work. Please note that we usually prefer to contact people that have been involved with your (M.Sc.) thesis project.
As of April 1, 2019 it is possible to see our vacancy and to upload your documents via the APPLY NOW button.
You can apply for the 2019-2021 program when your master study is still ongoing, and you expect to finalize your study successfully before October 28, 2019. Follow the instructions as above, with the following exceptions:
- Instead of a final thesis we expect an extended description of the project or a provisional summary. Please forward any update and the full version of your thesis as soon as these become available.
- Instead of the final transcripts we expect the transcripts of finalized semesters. Please forward the final transcripts as soon as these become available.
- Please forward a copy of your diploma as soon as this becomes available. In case this is expected after October 28, 2019 you can send a preliminary certificate with expected graduation date.
- Mention the expected final examination date in your cv.
In order to get a definite offer, you will need to prove that you will finalize your study successfully before the start of our program.