In order to keep the quality of our education at a high level, Industrial Engineering has decided to set a numerus fixus with selection in September 2019. Please keep an eye on this website for more information about the selection procedure. More information is available before October 1, 2018.
In order to keep the quality of our education at a high level, Industrial Engineering has decided to set a numerus fixus with selection in September 2018.
It's not possible any more to register for enrollment in September 2018.
This information about selection is applicable to all applicants who would like to start the study Industrial Engineering in September 2018 and have a Dutch diploma.
For candidates abroad or with another background (non Dutch VWO diploma), please see the document ‘Regulation selection Industrial Engineering 2018-2019’ in the download section.
The selection day of Industrial Engineering takes place on February 24th, 2018. Participation in this day is obligated for everybody who would like to start Industrial Engineering in September 2018. There are no exceptions. During the selection day you will follow the program together with other applicants who applied for the study.
About three weeks before the selection day you will receive homework and an online questionnaire via e-mail. Study this homework properly, because this is needed for the individual case you need to make during the selection day. Fill out the online questionnaire in time, this is one of the selection criteria.
Important: keep an eye on your SPAM-mailbox! Furthermore, always use the e-mail address you used in your Studielink application. You will receive several e-mails concerning the selection. It is your responsibility to read and take action on these e-mails.
The following criteria are part of the selection. If you don’t meet all criteria, unfortunately your results will not be taken into account in the ranking. In that case you won’t be admitted to the study.
The ranking for Industrial Engineering is determined by the following criteria:
- Your participation in all activities of the selection day:
- Online questionnaire about capacities and motivation (deadline February 23rd 2018)
- Participation in the Mathematics lecture on February 24th 2018
- Participation in the individual case Industrial Engineering on February 24th 2018
- Participation in the group assignment on February 24th 2018
- Your Grade Point Average of the Education (School Report, class 5 of VWO) (50%)
- Your score on the individual case Industrial Engineering (50%)
In case of equal rank numbers based on the selection criteria, the average VWO-5 grade is decisive for your place on the ranking.
- Registration in Studielink before January 15th 2018
- Subsequently, you will receive an invitation for participation in the selection day on February 24th 2018 and a link to the online questionnaire about capacities and motivation you need to fill out before the selection day. You will also receive homework to prepare yourself for the individual case you need to make during the selection day. Study this homework thoroughly so you are well prepared for the Industrial Engineering case.
- On the selection day you participate in:
- A lecture Mathematics
- An individual case Industrial Engineering
- A group assignment in response to the case
- On April 15th 2018 you will receive your rank number in Studielink
When you receive a rankg number between 1 and 250, you will automatically receive a place in the Bsc program Industrial Engineering (via Studielink).
Next, you need to confirm this place within two weeks by completing your registration in Studielink. Otherwise, your place will go to the next candidate in line. This means that in the following weeks candidates with higher rank numbers could still receive a place in the study, so make sure you keep an eye on Studielink and your e-mail.
|January 15th 2018||Registration in Studielink|
|February 23rd 2018||Fill out online questionnaire|
|February 24th 2018|
Selection day Industrial Engineering:
|April 15th 2018||You receive your rank number in Studielink|
More information? Please check the central TU/e page with information about the selection procedure.