Frequently asked questions
1. What does the Study Choice Check entail?
For prospective students who live in the Netherlands, each program organizes an in-person Study Choice Check day, with activities...Read more
2. What happens if I apply after May 1?
If you submitted your application in Studielink after May 1, you will not be able to take part in your chosen program’s Study...Read more
3. Will I be invited for a TU/e Study Choice Check even if I apply to several universities?
If you apply to TU/e, you will always receive an invitation to the TU/e Study Choice Check. This is how we can best help you...Read more
4. How do I apply for a Study Choice Check?
After you send in your application for a TU/e program through Studielink, you will automatically get your invitation for a Study...Read more
5. What happens if I apply to several TU/e programs?
Each TU/e program has its own version of the Study Choice Check. That is why each program will invite you to its own Study Choice...Read more
6. Do I have to pay for the Study Choice Check?
7. I live outside the Netherlands. What is the procedure in this case?
If you live outside the Netherlands and cannot attend a Study Choice Check day, the program will contact you about an alternative...Read more
8. Who should I contact if I encounter (technical) issues in completing the online Study Choice Check questionnaire?
Send a message to IO@tue.nl (phone 040 247047047) or reply to the invitation email with the link to the questionnaire.Read more
9. I applied for a TU/e Bachelor’s degree program in Studielink some time ago, but I have not received any messages from the program. What should I do?
Typically, communication about the Study Choice Check starts in February or March. If you have not been contacted by then, or...Read more
10. What if I don’t agree with the resulting advice?
The Study Choice Check results are not binding, but we do expect you to take them seriously.Read more
11. I applied for a Bachelor’s degree program at another university in Studielink before May 1, but I have decided that I also want to apply for a Bachelor’s degree program at TU/e. What is the final deadline for applying for your programs in Studielink?
The final application deadline is May 1. Applications sent in after May 1 will be rejected, unless you already applied for another...Read more
12. I applied for a TU/e Bachelor’s degree program in Studielink before May 1, but the Study Choice Check shows that this program does not suit me. I now want to apply for different Bachelor’s degree program at TU/e. What's the final deadline for applying
Please contact the International Office at TU/e as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com. They will check whether you...Read more
13. I applied for a TU/e Bachelor’s degree program in Studielink before May 1, but the Study Choice Check shows that this program does not suit me. I now want to apply for a Bachelor’s degree program at a different university or institute. What is the fin
Each university or college has its own rules for application. Please contact the institute of your choice as soon as possible.Read more
14. Can I take my TU/e Study Choice Check results to another university, or can I take their results to TU/e?
You are free to take your results with you, but each university will likely want to do its own program choice check.Read more
15. What will happen to my information?
We will use your information to provide your with a program choice recommendation. In addition, we will use it anonymously for...Read more
16. What should I do if I cannot be physically present at a Study Choice Check day in the Netherlands?
If you reside outside the Netherlands, the Study Choice Check consists of completing an online questionnaire and an interview that...Read more
17. Who can I turn to if I have other questions about the Study Choice Check?
If your question is not answered on this page, please send a message to IO@tue.nl. Our aim is to answer you within five working...Read more