The admission requirements for one of our Master's degree programs depend on your previous education. Some levels of previous education provide direct admission to a Master's program, but it is also possible that you will need to apply for admission. In some cases you need to follow a pre-Master's program first. Find out here if you are eligible and what steps you need to take to enroll. 
Direct progression
A Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics completed at TU/e gives you direct access to the TU/e Master's program in Industrial and Applied Mathematics.

Qualification shortfall program
You can transfer to a qualification shortfall program of 30 ECTS after completing the following Bachelor's degrees at TU/e:

  • Electrical Engineering
  • Industrial Design
  • Innovation Sciences
  • Applied Physics
  • Applied Mathematics
  • Mechanical Engineering

You can find more information relating to the qualification shortfall program ion the education guide website.
Pre-Master's programs for Higher Vocational Education graduates 
Do you hold a higher vocational education degree? Please refer to the section entitled Pre-Master's programs for Higher Vocational Education graduates.

Other background
If you hold a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics from a university in another country or if you have a different but mathematics-related related background, you will need to present your academic transcript to a selection committee. It is likely that you will need to follow a special pre-Master's program. To find out more, please contact the academic advisor.

Collaborative agreement between TU/e and UHasselt
When choosing a degree program, you probably won't immediately consider the possibility of undertaking a Bachelor's degree at one university and a Master's degree at a different university. Even so, such a route could be an interesting one, certainly if you would like to look beyond your own area.

UHasselt and TU/e have a unique collaborative agreement in place that enables you to transfer directly to the Master's programs at TU/e after completing your Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics at UHasselt. You then study for your Master's in Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Master's in Chemical Engineering or Master's in Applied Physics. You will also obtain the title of Master (MSc) which is equivalent to the title of civil engineer.

More information can be found in the brochure.