Elective courses must be selected with a sufficiently broad coverage of the subfields within COBRA. This constitutes a mechanism for the student to get a broad overview over the knowledge chain material science-devices-systems, that is explored within COBRA. Therefore 12 ECTS of electives must be from the COBRA program, of which 6 cross-disciplinary, i.e. in an area other than one's specialization area. To maintain the broad perspective, required by the two underlying Masters, a number of electives can be chosen freely, subject only to some quality requirements.
- Specialization electives from this list (4 out of 7 makes 12 ECTS)
- Electives, free* (6 ECTS)
- Professional Development (9 ECTS)
- Specialization electives from this list (3 out of 19 makes 9 ECTS)
- Electives, free* (5 ECTS)
- Electives, technical disciplines (9 ECTS)
*Conditions apply, to be approved by Exam Committee: generally 3th year level and higher.