In the second year of the Master's program, you can choose one of the following specializations:
• Business Process Intelligence at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
• Distributed Systems and Data Mining for Really Big Data at Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm (KTH)
• Design, Implementation, and Usage of Data Science Instruments for Data Scientists at Technische Universiteit Berlin (TUB)
• Multimedia and Web Science for big data at University of Universite Nice Sophia Antipolis (UNS)
• Infrastructures for Large scale Data Management and Analysis at Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (UPM)
The specialization offered by TU/e focuses on technologies for business analysis and prediction specifically focusing on process mining and its application in the domain of high tech systems, healthcare, visual analytics, spatial data handling, and software analytics (Big Software). Process mining is a relatively young research discipline that sits between computational intelligence and data mining on the one hand, and process modelling and analysis on the other hand. The idea of process mining is to discover, monitor and improve real processes (as opposed to assumed processes) by extracting knowledge from event logs readily available in today's information systems. Process mining includes automated process discovery, conformance checking, social network and organizational mining, automated construction of simulation models, model extension, model repair, case prediction, and history-based recommendations. In this specialization students will acquire breadth and depth in the design, implementation, and use of data science instruments, with the emphasis on business problem solving in the context of business processes.
The TU/e has excellent research groups in the data-science area, which have combined forces in the Data Science Center Eindhoven (DSC/e). A central task of the DSC/e is to educate new generations of data scientists. The Netherlands, and specifically the Brain port region, offers a number of leading technology companies. Our graduates have participated in numerous internship opportunities at leading technology companies like ASML, Philips Healthcare, NXP, FEI Company, TomTom, DAF Trucks and also at innovative startups.
For details of the other specializations, please refer to the Master School Website.
There are several round of application throughout the year. For more information and details, please check the dedicated page on master school website on application and admission.