Application for traineeship ASD
The Automotive sector is rapidly changing into a high-tech sector with huge challenges in terms of multidisciplinary product and process engineering. The trend toward smart components and systems, boosts the Dutch automotive sector, and requires new generations of engineers being able to cope with this. Eindhoven University of Technology* (TU/e) in the Netherlands plays an important role within the automotive high-tech industry in the Netherlands and in Europe. For its competitive post-master’s program the TU/e is looking for ambitious Master’s graduates for trainee positions
The next round of this 2-year program, accredited by the Dutch Ministry of Education, starts on October 29, 2018. This program focuses on systems design and architecture in an automotive context and is related to the effective and efficient design and development of technologies and applications for modern high-tech Automotive Systems in the context of smart mobility societal challenges. It trains graduates from Automotive related disciplines to become the professional system designers and architects that the industry needs to conceive its new, innovative products and who can participate in and/or lead the multidisciplinary teams that realize these.
The Post-Master's Program Automotive Systems Design is open to recent university graduates, in particular to Master's graduates from one of the following fields: Automotive Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Control Systems, Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, or comparable.
The ASD program is internationally oriented and taught in English. The candidate should furthermore have:
- affinity with technology, keen interest in and good awareness of the current technological developments; preferably knowledge of and affinity with the automotive field.
- an academic, critical attitude and a good awareness of the state of the art in engineering design for high tech systems, most notable in the area of the Master thesis project;
- the ability to choose and apply methods, tools and techniques to solve actual, practical problems;
- the ability to stay abreast of current developments in the field of Automotive;
- better than average social and communicative competencies, including an excellent English proficiency in writing, speaking, reading, and understanding.
Program graduates will be awarded a certified diploma and the degree “Professional Doctorate in Engineering” (PDEng). Their name will be entered in the PDEng register of the Royal Dutch Institute for Engineers (KIVI). The program is affiliated to the British Association of Engineering Doctorates (AEngD).
All candidates that are interested in the Automotive Systems Design post-master program and fulfill the requirements must demonstrate their knowledge and capabilities in a personal interview with the selection committee. In order to be admitted into the selection procedure, you need to apply via the APPLY NOW button. Please submit the following documents:
- A detailed motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of relevant B.Sc. diplomas and Grade transcripts
- Copies of relevant M.Sc. diplomas and Grade transcripts
- A copy (of a recent draft version) of your M.Sc. thesis or an abstract of your thesis
- Copies of scores of English proficiency tests (IELTS or TOEFL IBT, or Cambridge CAE/CPE). For IELTS the minimum score is 6.5, with no individual scores below 6.0. For TOEFL IBT the minimum is 90, with no individual scores below 21. Only applicants from the Netherlands, US, UK, Ireland, Australia and New-Zealand are exempted.
- The names and contact addresses (preferably e-mail) of (at least) two people whom we can contact for more information about you and your (thesis) work. Please note that we usually prefer to contact people that have been involved with your (M.Sc.) thesis project.
Please note that you can upload maximally 5 documents up to 2 MB each. If you need to send more documents, please email these to asd@ with subject line: “additional documents application ASD 2018”. tue.nl
To guarantee the quality of the program, the selection committee applies strict selection criteria. Candidates must be among the top of their discipline. Next to excellent grades, their motivation and personal skills will be extremely important. For more information and complete details about the application procedures, please send an email to asd@. tue.nl
Due to immigration procedures the application procedure will be closed as of July 15, 2018 for non-EU candidates. Candidates with EU nationality can apply until August 15, 2018. There will be several selection rounds and early application is strongly recommended, as the number of positions is limited and positions may be filled before the deadline.