As a PhD student of the department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry you will become a member of a Dutch national research school that is applicable to your research field. Through this research school, you will complete an educational program that fits your needs and aspirations.
The department is involved in the following research schools:
- NIOK, Netherlands Institute for Catalysis Research
- OSPT, Netherlands Research School in Process Technology
- J.M. Burgerscentrum, Research School for Fluid Mechanics
- EPL, Eindhoven Polymer Laboratories
- NRSC-C, Dutch National Research School Combination Catalysis Controlled by Chemical Design
The Dutch national research schools offer both in depth and interdisciplinary scientific courses and workshops.
Besides scientific training you will work on your personal development with the PROOF program. This program offered by the TU/e consists of various courses and trainings, such as “science and intellectual property”, “writing articles and abstracts” and “career orientation”.
In addition to the progress meetings of your research project that you will have with your promotor and supervisor every two to three weeks, your promotor will monitor your scientific and personal development on a regular basis.