Transition program

Eindhoven University of Technology offers several possibilities for students with a Dutch hbo or wo bachelor to continue studying at TU/e.

After your college or university bachelor, you can follow a pre-Master program at the Technical University of Eindhoven. A pre-Master program is intended to bridge deficiencies relative to a TU / e Bachelor. In general, the program consists of second and third year bachelor courses.

After completion of the pre-Master, you won't get a diploma of the TU/e bachelor. You do receive a certificate of admission to the Master. A pre-Master has a size of up to 30 credits and lasts six months to a year.

In preparation for the pre-Master you can brush up on your math with the evening courses Basic Mathematics or summer course Calculus.

Registration procedure

One of the requirements for admission to the transition program is a completed bachelor (often hbo) education in a technical field. Before you apply you should check through Studielink whether your hbo education qualifies you for the transition program. If your hbo education does not qualify you for admission, you will not be allowed to register.

If you would like to find out if your prior education qualifies you for admission to one of the Master tracks you can also look at the doorstroommatrix

You have to apply for your transition program through Studielink BEFORE 1 juli. You can find the transition programs in Studielink under ‘Bachelor programs'. After registration you will automatically receive an enrollment package early July. This enables you to register for a transition program.

Note: For programs starting on the 1st of February, you can apply until 1st December using the following form.

Study financing

For your study financing , the transition program falls within the Bachelor's phase. That means when you apply for study financing you should not state the transition program but the Bachelor's program of which your transition program is a part of.




Would you like to follow a pre-Master program after your hbo or university education? Then you can choose to improve your math knowledge prior to the pre-Master by following the course Basic Mathematics.