Eindhoven University of Technology offers several possibilities for students with a Dutch hbo or wo bachelor to continue studying at TU/e.
After your college or university bachelor, you can follow a pre-Master program at the Technical University of Eindhoven. A pre-Master program is intended to bridge deficiencies relative to a TU / e Bachelor. In general, the program consists of second and third year bachelor courses.
After completion of the pre-Master, you won't get a diploma of the TU/e bachelor. You do receive a certificate of admission to the Master. A pre-Master has a size of up to 30 credits and lasts six months to a year.
In preparation for the pre-Master you can brush up on your math with the evening courses Basic Mathematics or summer course Calculus.
One of the requirements for admission to the transition program is a completed bachelor (often hbo) education in a technical field. Before you apply you should check through Studielink whether your hbo education qualifies you for the transition program. If your hbo education does not qualify you for admission, you will not be allowed to register.
You have to apply for your transition program through Studielink BEFORE 1 juli. You can find the transition programs in Studielink under ‘Bachelor programs'. After registration you will automatically receive an enrollment package early July. This enables you to register for a transition program.
Note: For programs starting on the 1st of February, you can apply until 1st December using the following form.
If you wish to apply for the Business Informations Systems (BIS), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Data Science in Engineering (DSE), Embedded Systems (ES) en Information Security Technology (IST) pre-Master program, you need to meet the entrance requirements for Mathematics and English. These entrance requirement must have been met by participating in an entrance test before 1 September in order to be enrolled as of 1 September of that same year or by 1 January in order to be enrolled as of 1 February.
Mathematics: For Mathematics, the entrance requirement is a certificate for the preliminary examination in Mathematics T or B. You can take this at:
- Preliminary examinations via the Open University;
- Certificates via Boswell-Beta in Utrecht;
- Exemption: Pre-university (VWO) certificate with Mathematics B
English: For English, the entrance requirement is a certificate (no older than two years) from one of the following examination organizations:
- TOEFL certificate; overall band score of at least 90 AND a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- IELTS certificate; overall band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section
- Certificate of Proficiency in English of the Certificate in Advanced English (University of Cambridge)
- Exemption: Pre-university (VWO) certificate or previous education with English as the sole language of instruction for the entire Bachelor's degree program in the following countries: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK and USA.
If you have any questions about the entrance tests or requirements, please contact ESA.
For your study financing, the transition program falls within the Bachelor's phase. That means when you apply for study financing you should not state the transition program but the Bachelor's program of which your transition program is a part of.