Eindhoven Young Academy of Engineering welcomes 7 new members
The Eindhoven Young Academy of Engineering is proud to install 7 new members. They are: dr. ir. Yoeri v.d. Burgt, dr. Yali Tang (both Department of Mechanical Engineering), dr. Tugce Martagan (Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences), dr. ir. Sandra Loerakker (Department of Biomedical Engineering), dr. Oana Druta (Department of the Built Environment), dr. ir. Daniel Tetteroo (Department Industrial Design) and dr. ir. Sofie Haesaert (Department of Electrical Engineering).
All new members are ambitious, highly talented young scientists and engineers with a broad vision on science. The selection committee consisted of dr. Mathias Funk, prof. dr. Remco van de Hofstad (member KNAW) and chair of EYAE prof. dr. Patricia Dankers. Patricia Dankers is delighted about the selection: ‘We held interviews with all candidates. It was very inspiring to hear their ideas for the future of EYAE. They have very diverse backgrounds but all share an inquisitive mindset and great enthusiasm.’ Rector prof. dr. ir. Frank Baaijens installed the new members on September 18. They are appointed for 4 years.
Founded in 2018, TU Eindhoven Young Academy of Engineering (EYAE) is a network of enthusiastic, ambitious and outstanding early career scientists, designers and engineers with a broad interest and view on science and engineering in general. The aims of the EYAE are:
1. Being a platform for young academics for open discussion
2. Providing support for early career researchers at TU/e
3. Fostering interdisciplinary cooperation and research
4. Fostering excellence in education
5. Contributing to valorization (knowledge transfer) and outreach
6. Advising on policies regarding scientific research, education, valorization, outreach and impact both inside and outside TU/e