What is it?
Teacher Support are the educational experts at TU/e who help teachers design or redesign their courses, from first evaluation to complete implementation. We also take point on university-wide implementation of educational technology.
How does Teacher Support work?
If you are looking to change your educational approach or redesign your courses, Teacher Support can help you with educational expertise and technology. We can help you update your curriculum with the latest technology and educational principles, to improve the efficiency of your teaching and effectiveness of your students’ learning.
Why would I want to go to Teacher Support?
Do any of the following points apply? Then drop by your department’s Teacher Support person for an intake conversation.
- I want to reduce my workload while keeping my quality of education high
- It is time to update my course and I want to know what innovations are out there
- I want to find new ways to motivate my students
- I have heard of an interesting technology that I would like to apply in my teaching
- I want to be more efficient in student communication, testing, grading or evaluations
There is a member of Teacher Support in each department, which makes it easy to get started.
How can I work with Teacher Support most effectively?
Educational design is a complex but fun process. Here are some tips to help you:
- Do some research. Our goal is to find the optimal mix between educational methods: technology, lectures and study materials. What fits you as a person?
- Think about your goal. Although we have the technical and educational expertise, educational redesign is not a goal by itself. What would you like to accomplish?
- If you found an interesting piece of software, come to us. Not only can we help you implement it, we can also look into whether there are any legal or privacy issues. Perhaps we will even make the tool available to all teachers.
What kind of support is there?
For smaller questions, we can advise you right away. For larger redesign projects, we will look into your wishes and go through the six-step educational improvement process together: