Doctorate regulations 2017
BE AWARE: IF YOU HAVE HANDED IN YOUR FORM 1 BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1 2017, THE OLD REGULATIONS 2015 APPLY TO YOU!
The Doctorate Board has decided on a number of small changes to the Regulations governing the conferral of doctor’s degrees, effective 1 December.
Beneath you see a summary of the changes:
Regulations governing the conferral of doctor’s degrees, version December 2017
4. The persons referred to in paragraph 1 under a, c and d are voting members of the Committee. If a co-supervisor is a professor or associate professor at a Dutch university, or a professor or associate professor at a foreign university, he is also a voting member of the Doctorate Committee. If he does not satisfy this requirement, he is a member of the Committee with an advisory voice. The entire Doctorate Committee consists of at least 5 persons, of whom at least 4 are voting members. If there are only 4 voting members, an additional member will be appointed as a reserve voting member on behalf of the university.
5. At least half of the voting members of the Doctorate Committee must be affiliated with the university.
6. At the suggestion of the (first) supervisor and with the consent of the Rector and the dean of the relevant department the Doctorate Board may deviate from the provisions of paragraphs 4 and 5.
The Doctorate Committee consists of at least three independent members who are not involved with the research in question. These independent members are nominated to the Doctorate Board by the dean, on the recommendation of the supervisor. At least one of these independent members is not affiliated with the TU Eindhoven.
2. If the dean himself is supervisor, then these independent members will be nominated by the vice-dean Rector.
3. If a dean himself is designated as an independent member from within the university by the Doctorate Board, he cannot also be chairman of the Committee.
4. The first and the second supervisor cannot also be chairman of the Committee.