Established in 1960
Applied Physics and Science Education is one of the nine departments of Eindhoven University of Technology
BSc Applied Physics
MSc Applied Physics/MSc Science and Technology of Nuclear Fusion/Mastertrack Fluids, Bio and Soft Matter/Mastertrack Nano, Quantum and Photonics/Mastertrack Plasmas and Beams
PDEng Clinical Informatics
13 Research groups
The department is organized as follows:
- Board. The departmental board sets out the course of the department.
- Research. The department of Applied physics & Eindhoven School of Education has structured its research programs around a portfolio of research strengths. Research in these focus areas is conducted by small and flexible research groups. These groups contibute to national joint 'research school' efforts.
- Education. The department offers bachelor- and master programs. For practicalities or details, please refer to the opleidingsinstituut.
- Employee participation is pushed forward by the faculteitsraad.
- Department staff. The department staff assists faculty and board in matters of HRM, Automatisation Groep Physics (AGN), communication, finance, logistics, health and safety, and policy making.
The departmental board of the Applied Physics and Science Education department is responsible for the policies regarding research and education. As such, it sets the education and examination regulations and appoints the examinations and admissions committees. The board is composed as follows:
Contact (department secretariat):
- Karin Raijmakers-Wilbers, FLX 0.161, tel. 040 247 4261 (secretariat of the dean)
- Stella Wegman, FLX 0.161, tel 040- 247 3620 (secretariat of the managing director).