For 2019, the maximum number of open access publications has been reached. For the remainder of the year, the costs of open access publications cannot be covered by the agreement between VSNU and Emerald.
In 2017 Emerald Publishing Group has agreed to make up to 30 articles of corresponding authors from TU/e and other Dutch academic institutions open access free of charge. In 2018, up to 45 articles from Dutch corresponding authors will be made open access. Publications in all Emerald periodicals are eligible and are made open access on a 'first come, first served' basis.
To make your article open access you need to follow the steps below:
- Visit Scholar one, the Emerald submission system, and submit your article as normal
- Click on the link “Emerald APC webpage” and select the option: “yes, I want to publish my article as open access and my institution is eligible to a prepaid APC voucher” (2nd option in screenshot below).
- Your article then enters the standard peer review process. Emerald may contact you to check your eligibility to publish your article open access free of charge.
- When your article is accepted, you will be informed within 30 days if a voucher is available.
- Finally, you need to complete and sign the CCBY license and return it to the Emerald editor and your article will be published open access.