FAQ Ordering material from the library
1. How to order a subscription for my faculty/department?
Subscriptions are ordered and managed through the Library. The Library maintains contacts, concludes agreements and makes price arrangements with various publishers and suppliers worldwide. For questions, please contact Library.Services@ or use one of these forms: tue.nlPurchase literature for service or department, or Purchase of book or journal for TU/e library collection.
2. How to order a print book for my faculty/department?
The print books are ordered through the library. For questions or urgent orders please contact Library.Services@ or use one of these forms: tue.nlPurchase literature for service or department, or Purchase of book or journal for TU/e library collection.
3. How to order an e-book for my faculty/department?
he library can purchase ebooks online that become available to the entire TU/e. Ebooks for personal use must be purchased by the user. For questions, please contact Library.Services@ or use one of these forms: tue.nlPurchase literature for service or department, or Purchase of book or journal for TU/e library collection.
4. How to order a Norm/Standard Guide (NEN) National and/or International for my faculty/department?
Norm/Standard Guide (NEN) can be ordered on a limited basis. Please contact Library.Services@ to discuss the possibilities. Or use tue.nlthis form.
5. How long is the delivery time for an ordered library material for my faculty/service?
The Library receives a standard weekly shipment from the supplier. Delivery time of:
Dutch books: 1 week
Foreign books: varying between 2 and 6 weeks
6. How to order an interlibrary loan (article of book) request through Tipasa/ILL?
For ordering an interlibrary loan request, so something from another Library, you can use the following webpage or use the Request item through interlibrary loan button in our Library Search tool.
7. What are the costs of borrowing a book or buying an article through Tipasa/ILL?
The price of a loan request from a book is 13 Euro
The price of a copy of an article request is 6,50 Euro
Books or copies from foreign libraries can have different prices
Ordering books or articles from our own Library stackroom is free
During the ordering process in Tipasa/Ill, the inclusion of a budgetcode from your department or faculty is mandatory. If you don’t know your budgetcode please contact your secretary.
Students (except those from Built Environment) need to pay for the costs themselves
More info at this page.
8. How long does it take before my article request becomes available?
This depends on the delivering library. A copy usually takes 1 till 3 days to deliver. Books can take a few days longer. For foreign libraries it will take a week or more to deliver.