7 Weeks, 1 day a week
8 hrs (class) + 8 hrs (preparation and assignments)
12th May, 2023
€3,950 VAT exempt
About the program
What is data science and what can you do with it? This 7-day course (a total of 7 weeks) is targeted at professionals who want to learn to develop machine-learning solutions, and who are also interested to learn the business implications of data science.
- Introductory program in data science for professionals, based on the perspectives of EAISI (Eindhoven University of Technology), JADS and Tilburg University.
- Participants can continue in the Data Science for Experts program: Level 1 (7 months-part-time) or Level 2 (1 year – part-time).
What you'll learn
An orientation in data science, Big Data, new analytics and new business opportunities.
Predictive analytics, the theory of supervised and unsupervised learning, and their practical applications in a Python‐based analytics environment.
Applying machine learning in the data‐analytic workflow embodied by the CRISP‐ DM model.
- Completed Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree and several years of work experience
- Affinity with analytics and IT, and the ambition to learn programming skills. Typical STEM background (science, technology, engineering, mathematics).
- Ambition to grow in senior professional position, combining technical expertise with boundary-crossing skills in leadership, entrepreneurship, complex problem solving and critical thinking.
Participants receive a proof of participation
The Mariënburg, a former convent in the historical center of Den Bosch, is JADS’ home. It’s a welcoming, inspirational and atmospheric environment for life-long learning, with the former chapel functioning as the main auditorium, and the vast complex offering many surprising authentic details reminiscent of its former function.
What you will do
- Preparation: Depending on your skill level in programming, you may need up to 4 weeks of self-study in an online learning environment where you will learn coding in Python.
- Introduction: Data science — new forms of data, new analytics and new opportunities. We discuss Big Data, predictive algorithms, machine learning and AI. We discuss typical applications, ranging from data science to make current processes and services more efficient, to new products with smart features, and data and analytics as a basis for new business models.
- How does data science work? We discuss data-analytic thinking and the CRISP-DM model for data-science projects. We develop a fundamental grasp of the main steps of a data-science project: translating a business goal to a data-science question, finding and accessing data sources, extracting features from data, training and selecting a machine-learning algorithm, evaluating the performance and deploying the algorithm in a machine-learning pipeline.
- We develop and discuss practical implementations of machine learning and data engineering in a Python-based analytics environment.
CONTACT & QUESTIONS?
Talk to our teachers and discover your optimal development path.
Join our information session, register here!
Date: 16 March 2023
Time: 18:30 – 20:15
Location: EAISI, Eindhoven University of Technology
Do you prefer to contact us, send us an email.