- Nagoya Gold Medal of Organic Chemistry
- Chirality Medal 2018
- 3 Spinoza Award winners
- 6 KNAW members of which 2 of them were awarded with the Academy professorship
- 3 NWO-VIDI Award winners in 2017
- 4 ERC laureates
- 12 ERC grants
- Strong collaboration with Prof. Samuel Stupp (Northwestern University, Illinois), who recently extended his position as a Distinguished Professor within the ICMS community
- 4 major NWO-Gravitation grants: Functional Molecular Systems, Multiscale Catalytic Energy Conversions, Materials Driven Regeneration and Networks.
Our young talents join forces to push the frontiers of complex molecular systems, for example by jointly applying for funding for research projects and/or infrastructure. Furthermore, young talent and other, (external) academic and industrial parties find their way to us to initiate collaborations on challenging academic and industrial challenges.