EXTERNAL PROJECT: Oclaro Chip Design Team
Track: Connected World
Mentor: Prof. Dr. M.J. Wale
Intern position within the Chip Design Team, Oclaro, Caswell, Northhamptonshire, NN128EQ, UK
Working as part of the Indium Phosphide photonic integrated circuit design team, evaluating the performance of prototype lasers.
Assignment) Role will include laboratory work, measuring performance of lasers, collecting and analysing data and presenting results to the design team to provide feedback for optimisation of designs.
For information on Oclaro photonic circuits - http://www.oclaro.com/insights
• Studying at undergraduate level or above: physics or engineering related subjects;
• Sound basic knowledge of optics, laser and semiconductor physics:
• Knowledge of optical fibre transmission systems useful but not essential;
• Experience of laboratory work, at undergraduate level or above;
• Demonstrated ability to plan experiments, design and build test equipment, carry out measurements, record results and analyse data (programming skills useful but not essential);
• Demonstrated good communications skills – report writing, presentations, team working;
• Familiarity with Mircrosoft tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint desirable.
This is a temporary position, the minimum period of employment is 3 months and maximum is 12 months. A monthly salary will be paid, based on a 37.5 hour, 5 day working week.
Prof. Mike Wale, Director, Active Products Research: Mike.Wale@oclaro.com, M.J.Wale@tue.nl
Dr Lloyd Langley, Director, UK Chip Design: Lloyd.Langley@oclaro.com
Ms Anita Johnston, Senior HR Business Partner: Anita.Johnston@oclaro.com