At the MSc level, we provide in-depth courses to train specialists to use experimental and numerical tools to carry out in-depth studies of (multiphase) heat and flow equipment. It is possible to carry out challenging Master graduation projects, either within our own group or at our industrial partners.
There are a number (core and specialization) courses that fit well to the profile of students graduating in the Power & Flow group, see this overview. Other choices are also possible but should be discussed with your mentor or with prof. Niels Deen.
Power & Flow courses
Our section gives the following courses for Master's students:
- 4AT020 Clean engines and future fuels
- 4BM10 Hydraulic turbomachines
- 4RM00 Introduction to computational fluid dynamics
- 4BM50 Introduction to petroleum production
- 4BM30 Modelling combustion
- 4BM40 Optical diagnostics for combustion and fluid flow
- 4AT060 Powertrains
Our group also has contribution to the following courses:
- 4BM00 Advanced engineering mathematics
- 4BM60 Introduction transport phenomena engineering flows
- 4BM20 Experimentation for mechanical engineering