For Public and Press
Looking to nature as a model, TU/e scientists and engineers from the fields of mathematics, chemistry, physics and biology are joining forces in the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS). They will be investigating the exact mechanism behind self-organization, the principle behind all life on earth, with the aim to make artificial cells. Researchers plan to use this knowledge to build molecular mini-factories that could produce the next generation of catalysts, photosynthetic systems, nanocontainers, biomaterials and other functional materials.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, have a look at:
- Our youtube channel, with animations of the scientific topics we are working on
- The video about our education for master and PhD students
- The theme page on kennislink.nl (in Dutch)
- The interview with prof.dr. Carlijn Bouten (in Dutch)
- The lecture of prof.dr. E.W. (Bert) Meijer at Lowlands 2009 (in Dutch)