Dr. I.K. (Ilja) Voets
Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry
Eindhoven University of Technology
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB EINDHOVEN
Office: HeO 4.45 / HG -1.26
Telephone: +31 40 247 5303 / +31 40 247 4427
Dr. I.K. (Ilja) Voets was born in Leiden, the Netherlands, in 1980. She studied at the University of Wageningen (the Netherlands), where she received her undergraduate degree in Molecular Sciences cum laude in 2004. She obtained her PhD degree cum laude from the same university in 2008. Ilja Voets has performed her PhD research in the field of colloid science with a study on the electrostatically driven co-assembly of polymers in aqueous solution under the supervision of prof. Martien A. Cohen Stuart and dr. Arie de Keizer. In the period 2008-2011 she was active as postdoctoral researcher at the Aldolphe Merkle Institute, University of Fribourg (Switzerland). In 2011, Ilja Voets started as assistant professor (tenure track) in Physical Organic Chemistry in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Chemistry and the Institute for Complex Molecular Systems at the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e).
Ilja Voets was selected for the DSM Science en Technology Award for her PhD thesis in 2009. She was one of the selected participants in Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting 2009. She was also awarded the KNCV Polymer Prize for the best PhD thesis on polymers in the Netherlands ‘06-08.
Ilja Voets received the Akzo Nobel Science Scholarship Award for her MSc thesis in 2003. For her postdoctoral research she received a Rubicon grant of the Netherlands Institute for Scientific Research (NWO) and a Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowship (EU), both in 2009. To start her own research line Ilja Voets received an Ambizione Grant of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF) in 2010 and a VENI grant (NWO) in 2011.
Ilja Voets’ full CV can be found here.
- Voets, I. K.; Cruz, W. A.; Moitzi, C.; Lindner, P.; Schurtenberger, P.; Arêas, E. P. G. DMSO-induced denaturation of hen egg white lysozyme Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2010, 114 (16), 11875-11883
- Lemmers, M.; Sprakel, J.; Voets, I. K.; van der Gucht, J.; Cohen Stuart, M. A. Multi-responsive reversible gels based on charge-driven assembly Angewandte Chemie-International Edition 2010, 49 (4), 708-711.
- Voets, I. K.; de Keizer, A.; Cohen Stuart, M. A. Complex coacervate core micelles Advances in Colloid and Interface Science 2009, 147-148, 300-318.
- Voets, I. K.; Fokkink, R.; Hellweg, T.; King, S. M.; de Waard, P.; Frederik, P. M.; Bomans, P. H. H.; de Keizer, A.; Cohen Stuart, M. A. Multi-responsive Janus micelles Soft Matter 2009, 5 (5), 999-1005.
- Voets, I. K.; van der Burgh, S.; Farago, B.; Fokkink, R.; Kovacevic, D.; Hellweg, T.; de Keizer, A.; Cohen Stuart, M. A. Electrostatically driven co-assembly of a diblock copolymer and an oppositely charged homopolymer in aqueous solution Macromolecules 2007, 40 (23), 8476-8482.
- Voets, I. K.; de Keizer, A.; de Waard, P.; Frederik, P. M.; Bomans, P. H. H.; Schmalz, H.; Walther, A.; King, S. M.; Leermakers, F. A. M.; Cohen Stuart, M. A. Double-faced micelles from water-soluble polymers Angewandte Chemie-International Edition 2006, 45 (40), 6673-6676.
- Voets, I. K.; de Keizer, A.; Cohen Stuart, M. A.; de Waard, P. Core and corona structure of mixed polymeric micelles Macromolecules 2006, 39 (17), 5952-5955.
- Cohen Stuart, M. A.; Hofs, B.; Voets, I. K.; de Keizer, A. Assembly of polyelectrolyte-containing block copolymers in aqueous media Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Science 2005, 10 (1-2), 30-36.
Ilja Voets’ full publication list can be found here.
We focus on self-assembly processes in (biological) soft matter to gain fundamental insights that we translate into rational design strategies for novel functional soft materials.
More information can be found here.