Prof.dr. M.A. (Mark) Peletier
Institute for Complex Molecular Systems
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Eindhoven University of Technology
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB EINDHOVEN
Office: HG 8.55
Telephone: +31 40 247 2628
Mark Peletier obtained an MSc in mathematics from Leiden University (cum laude), and a Diplôme d'Études Approfondies at the Laboratoire d'Analyse Numérique (now Laboratoire Jaques-Louis Lions) of Université Paris VI, both in 1992. He received his PhD at Leiden University (1997), and continued to work at the University of Bath (1997-1998) and the Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science in Amsterdam (1998-2004) before becoming a full professor in mathematics at the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven.
His research interest focuses on differential equations and their applications to real-world systems. His work spans the spectrum from applied to fundamental, with mathematical contributions to biology, geology, chemistry, pattern formation, solid mechanics, fluid dynamics, and contributions to the theory of variational calculus and differential equations. He has supervised four PhD students and published more than 60 papers, with an H-index of 11(google scholar). Peletier recieved a VIDI grant in 2003 and became a member of De Jonge Akademie in 2006. He was visiting professor in London (2000), Bath (2007) and Vancouver (2008), and he serves on the editorial board of three international journals. In 2011 Mark Peletier has been awarded a VICI Grant of the Dutch National Science Foundation (NWO).
- Giles W. Hunt, Mark A. Peletier, Alan R. Champneys, Patrick D. Woods, M. Ahmer Wadee, Chris J. Budd, and Gabriel Lord, Cellular Buckling in Long Structures, Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 21, pp. 3-29 (2000)
- Mark A. Peletier, Sequential Buckling: A Variational Analysis (160 kB), SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, Vol. 32, pp. 1142-1168 (2001);
- T. Lachand-Robert and Mark A. Peletier, An Example of Non-convex Minimization and an Application to Newton's Problem of the Body of Least Resistance, Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré, Analyse non linéaire 18, pp. 179-198 (2001)
- Mark A. Peletier and Matthias Röger, Partial Localization, Lipid Bilayers, and the Elastica Functional (math-ph/0607024), Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 193, pp 475-537 (2009)
- Gert van der Heijden, Mark A. Peletier, and Robert Planqué, Self-contact for rods on cylinders (math-ph/0411007), Archive for Rational and Mechanical Analyis, Vol. 182, pp. 471-511 (2006)
A complete list of publications you will find here.