8QB01 - Pericardial patches
- Experimental measurement of elastic properties using a mechanical tensile testmachine.
- Measuring the collagen orientation using a collagen-specific marker (CNA-35) and fluorescencemicroscopy.
- Measure the collagen fraction using a hydroxyproline assay and a fotospectrometer. Measurement of the cell content with a Hoechst assay.
- Decellularization of the tissue and measurement of the elastic properties of the remaining cell-free matrix.
Training of some specific skills:
- Measurement of mechanical properties
- Measurement of collagen orientation in a biological tissue
- Measurement of the cellular and collagen composition of a biological tissue
- Mesurement of the relative contribution of these components to the mechanical properties
Training of research skills:
- Define and describe a research project
- Perform a research project and write a scientific report