Elise van den Hoven
I see Interaction Design as a wonderful opportunity to first imagine and then create new interactive products, inspired by the needs and desires of people in their everyday lives.
Elise van den Hoven is Associate Professor in the Future Everyday cluster of the Industrial Design department of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Full Professor in the School of Software, Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia. She has two honorary appointments: honorary senior research fellow at the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, University of Dundee (UoD, in the UK) and associate investigator with the Australian Research Council’s Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders. Van den Hoven leads the international research program Materialising Memories (MM; www.materialisingmemories.com), which was expedited through a personal fellowship (VIDI, 2012-2018). MM is a collaboration between TU/e, UTS and UoD, using design research to study and support people in their everyday remembering activities. Her research interests include human-computer interaction, interaction design, tangible and physical interaction, people-centered design and supporting human remembering activities.
Elise van den Hoven holds an MSc degree in Biology (1998) from Utrecht University, where she specialized in perception research. She then went on to get a MTD degree (now PDEng) in Human-Computer Interaction from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), followed by a PhD in the same field and from the same institute in 2004. She held an Assistant Professor position at TU/e from 2003 to 2013, when she was appointed Associate Professor. In 2012, she also became Associate Professor at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia, where she was promoted to Full Professor in 2016.
- Final Master Project - Design Leadership and Entrepreneurship (UCE)
- Preparation FMP - Design Leadership and Entrepreneurship (UCE)
- Final Master Project - Research, Design and Development (UCE)
- Preparation FMP - Research, Design and Development (UCE)
- Final Master Project - Constructive Design Research (UCE)
- Preparation FMP - Constructive Design Research (UCE)
- in Australië w, University of Technology Sydney
- //www.ccd.edu.au), Australian Research Council's Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders
- Honorary senior research fellow at the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, University of Dundee., University of Dundee