Helianthe Kort is a FullProfessor and Chair of Building Healthy Environments for Future Users at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). Her areas of expertise include Technology in medicine and health care, sanitary engineering gerontechnology,domotica and smart technology. She specializes in research on the impact of the built environment on health, prevention of building related symptoms and diseases and support for daily activities and participation. Her research has a focus on searching for evidence of the build environment to realize quality of life and positive health for building users. The application domains cover the full healing environment health continuum from prevention at home and work to long-term care and care in hospitals.
Helianthe Kort obtained her PhD in the Built Environment from TU/e and also holds an MSc in medical biolgy from Utrecht University. In addition to her work at TU/e, Helianthe is also a Full Professor and Chair of Demand Driven Care at Utrecht University of Applied Sciences and has beenVisiting Professor,Centre for Technology Enabled Health Research, Faculty of Health&Life Sciences, Coventry University and has undertaken several research visits to India and the USA. Helianthe is also on the committee for Innovative Medical Devices Initiative (IMDI) of ZonMw, the Dutch organization for healthcare research and innovation, Board Member of the Herman Bouma Foundation for Gerontechnology, Board member of the program Healthcare Innovation Transfer (HIT), member of the Man-Machine-Interaction (MMI) platform and Track coordinator Smart Environments (SRA Health) at TU/e. In addition,Heliantheis President of the Dutch Flemish Discipline of the International Society for Gerontechnology (NV/ISG), Executive Committee Member International Society for Gerontechnology (ISG). She has also been guest editor of the JournalGerontechnology.
Ambiguities regarding the relationship between office lighting and subjective alertnessBuilding and Environment (2018)
The feasibility of highly granular lighting control in open-plan offices: Exploring the comfort and energy saving potentialBuilding and Environment (2018)
Understanding thermal comfort perception of nurses in a hospital ward work environment.Building and Environment (2018)
External validations of a non-obtrusive practical method to measure personal lighting conditions in officesBuilding and Environment (2018)
Understanding older people's readiness for receiving telehealthJournal of Medical Internet Research (2018)
- BPS masterproject A, research
- Graduation Project Building Physics and Services
- BPS masterproject Design
- Visiting Professor, Centre for Technology Enabled Health Research, Faculty of Health&Life Sciences, Coventry University
- Bestuurslid, Herman Bouma Fonds voor Gerontechnologie
- President, Dutch Flemisch Discipline of the International Society for Gerontechnology (NV/ISG)
- Programma - commissielid, Nederlandse organisatie voor gezondheidsonderzoek en zorginnovatie (ZonMw) / Innovative Medical Devices Initiative (IMDI)
- Lector Vraaggestuurde Zorg, Hogeschool Utrecht
- Bestuurslid / Lid Executive commitee als communications director ISG board, Communication, Recruitment Strategies and external part, International Society for Gerontechnology (ISG)