General housing conditions
- Please note that the TU/e can only mediate in finding accommodation one time, at the moment that you arrive in the Netherlands.
- TU/e can guarantee housing for a period of one year maximum, although you may stay in the accommodation longer if allowed by the landlord.
- If you wish to move to other accommodation the TU/e can only mediate if there are no other applications from persons newly arrived in the Netherlands. A waiting list may be applicable in this case.
- TU/e can mediate in finding housing for international guests (staff and students).
- TU/e has arrangements with several housing agencies to guarantee accommodation for international guests.
- The application form for housing needs to be at the International Office of the Education and Student Service Center (STU) at least two months before your arrival.
- You will receive information about your accommodation a few weeks before your arrival.
- The TU/e housing service is a blind-date arrangement, which means that you cannot view the accommodation beforehand.
- TU/e will not be able to guarantee that housing is available for you on the exact date mentioned on your application.
- You will be informed in advance from which date you can rent the accommodation.
- Bachelor's and Master's students receive a rental agreement starting in August that is valid for the period stated by the landlord.
- Exchange students will receive a rental agreement for a fixed period of 1 or 2 semesters.
- Employees/guests will receive a rental agreement for a fixed period of time (when visiting TU/e for a period shorter than 1 year) or a rental agreement that is valid for the period of their stay (when visiting TU/e for a period of more than 1 year).
- Only a limited number of two-person and family accommodations is available from our partners, which means that in most cases TU/e will mediate for you with commercial agencies. This means the rent is usually higher than for Vestide accommodation. Commercial agencies charge approximately 1000-1200 euro per month and often require a fee for their services. The fee is usually a few hundred Euro.
- Please note that pets are not allowed in any of the accommodation from Vestide, Camelot, Friendly Housing and Eindhoven2Stay.
- TU/e cannot guarantee you can obtain the type of accommodation of your preference.
- For employees and guests: if housing is not available with our partners, you will be offered housing via the private market. If so TU/e will pay the mediation fee charged by the housing agency (not for professors).
- If you decline the offer for available accommodation, you will need to arrange accommodation yourself. TU/e will not provide any financial compensation in that case.
- TU/e cannot guarantee that your preferred type of accommodation is available. Offers for accommodation is based on availability.
- In a house with shared bathroom and kitchen, the facilities are shared with men and women. TU/e cannot arrange housing for women only or men only.
Housing conditions for Vestide accommodation
- Students and staff renting from the housing bureau Vestide will receive an email from Vestide a few weeks before arrival in Eindhoven. The subject line of this email is: “Account information for housing in Eindhoven by Vestide”. Keep an eye on your inbox as this email contains important information concerning your accommodation!
- After you have received the email from Vestide, you can log in to the Vestide website and choose your accommodation.
- You have 8 days to choose your accommodation after receipt of the email.
- Please note that the availability date of the accommodation you select, will be the start date of the rental agreement. This means the start date of the rental agreement may not exactly match your desired start date.
- After you have selected the accommodation of your preference, you will need to pay the first’s month rent immediately. Exchange students have to pay the rent for the whole semester. This can be done via Paypal or via credit card. It is not possible to make a payment via bank transfer. Once you have made the payment, you will receive an email that the selected accommodation is reserved for you.
- Set up a Paypal account as quickly as possible. You can only book accommodation if you have an active Paypal account with the required balance. For the terms and conditions, please check www.paypal.com.
- If you do not select accommodation during the 8 days that the Vestide login account is valid, you lose your account and your housing application will be cancelled. You will then have to arrange your own accommodation for you stay in Eindhoven.
- If you remain at the TU/e for up to 1 year, you will receive a rental agreement for a fixed period of time. This agreement cannot be terminated before the end date of the rental agreement.
- If you stay with TU/e for more than 1 year,you will receive a rental agreement that is valid for as long as you are at TU/e. You may cancel the rental agreement with a notice period of one month.
- Please note that if you wish to cancel your accommodation after you've paid the first’s month rent, this will not be refunded.
- If you are moving to other Vestide accommodation you will need to provide a IB-60 form when signing the new rental agreement
- You can apply for this form at the tax office (Belastingdienst). It will take several days to receive the form. The form is required if you have paid employment in the Netherlands. Please be aware that you will not be given the keys to your new accommodation until you submit the form to Vestide.
- When signing your rental agreement you will need to pay a cleaning fee to Vestide. The cleaning fee for a room or semi-private accommodation is €75, for a one person private accommodation the fee is € 105, for a two person accommodation the fee is €160 and for family accommodation the fee is € 215.
- Vestide charges a fee for the bed linen that is provided. The fee for a 1-person accommodation is € 45,38, the fee for a 2-person accommodation is € 90,76.
Housing conditions Camelot
All information can be found on the Camelot website.
Housing conditions for Friendly Housing accommodation
Students renting from the housing bureau Friendly Housing will receive an email from Friendly Housing with the link to the booking website of Friendly Housing.
- Keep an eye on your inbox as this email contains important information concerning your accommodation!
- After you have selected the accommodation of your preference, you will need to pay the first’s month rent within 5 days. Exchange students have to pay the rent for the whole semester. This can be done via bank transfer or via credit card. Once your payment has been received by Friendly Housing, you will receive an email that the selected accommodation is reserved for you.
- All students receive a rental agreement for a minimum period of 6 months. After this period the rental agreement will continue automatically. To end the rental agreement after the first 6 months, you need to cancel the agreement at least one calendar month in advance. It's not possible to end the agreement before the period of 6 months has passed.
Housing conditions for Eindhoven2Stay
All information can be found on the website of Eindhoven2Stay