Housing for employees

TU/e has an agreement with Vestide regarding housing for international staff and guests., All housing offered by TU/e is fully furnished. The minimal furnishing consists of the following things:

• a (single) bed
• table & chair
• lamp
• wardrobe
• basic kitchen utensils, such as pots, pans, cups, plates and cutlery
• bed linen
• use of a washing machine

Some accommodations may contain more furnishing.

Besides furnishing, the rent also includes the following costs:
• Gas
• Water
• Electricity
• Internet
• Council taxes and other levies
• Maintenance
• Administration costs
• Safety appliances
•  Inspection service
• Partial insurance

The TU/e offers the following types of accommodation:
• 1-person accommodation (rent is € 450 - € 825 per month)
• housing for couples (rent starting at € 700 - € 1000 per month)
• housing for families (rent starting at € 1200 per month).

Only a limited number of two-person and family accommodation is available from Vestide/Camelot, which means that in most cases TU/e will mediate for you with commercial agencies. This means the rent is usually higher than for Vestide accommodation. Commercial agencies charge approximately € 1000-1200 per month and often require a fee for their services. The fee differs per agency, but is usually a few hundred euro. TU/e guarantees housing for the period of one year. In most cases, however the rental agreement will allow you to stay in the accommodation for the duration of your stay with TU/e. After the end date of your rental agreement, you will have to find housing in Eindhoven by yourself. Information and tips on ways to find housing in Eindhoven can be found here. 

TU/e cannot arrange housing via Vestide for perons with a yearly gross income of €35.739 and over. By law social housing agencies (such as Vestide) are not allowed to rent out their accommodations to persons with a higher income. If your income exceeds this amount, TU/e will offer you housing options available via the private market.

How to apply for housing

The link to the application form will be sent to you by your department. To guarantee that your housing is available on arrival, you need to fill out the application form at least two months before your arrival. The form can also be filled out for you by the secretary of the department. The TU/e cannot guarantee that you will be granted the accommodation of your preference.

If you prefer to arrange your housing yourself, information and tips are available here.

What happens after we have received your application?

When we receive your application for housing, we will send you an e-mail. In most cases accommodation is arranged with Vestide or Camelot.

Please read the housing conditions for for the full procedure.

If no accommodation is available with Vestide or Camelot, TU/e will contact other agencies to arrange accommodation for you. You will then receive an email from TU/e with a selection of available accommodation from which you can choose.