Software Networked Embedded Systems
The focus of this module is on the domain software and networked embedded systems.
Technology domain: high-tech systems software and the correspondent hardware platform, including networks and system-to-system communication.
- Hardware platforms: CPUs and buses
- Mechatronic applications: data oriented, control oriented
- Embedded real-time control, with examples
- Structure of embedded automotive software
Goal: students have a good overview of the software and platform aspects of modern high-tech systems, understand critical elements and complications, are capable of using tools and are aware of problem solving for software intensive systems. They have practical experience in solving a problem in this domain.
Course work in this module: within module 3 the following courses are planned:
- Unified Modelling Language (UML), using Python and/or Java
- System Modelling Language (SYSML), using Enterprise Architect
- Functional Safety, according to ISO 26262
- Project Management
- Professional/Personal development
- Technical writing
- Dutch language
- (Additional workshops on the project if required)
This module will be executed in close cooperation with the PDEng programs Software Technology and Automotive Systems Design