Career opportunities MSD
Career opportunities MSD
This unique programme enables the trainees to gain valuable competences that are highly regarded by high-tech industries where system architecture, design and engineering play an important role.
After completing this post-masters programme the graduate shall:
1) Have a sound background of knowledge of, and experience in using state-of-the-art methods and techniques for design, development, and implementation of one of the disciplines underlying the multidisciplinary field of high tech systems. In particular they have genuine experience in the full design and development life-cycle including:
a. articulation of the problem (stakeholder analysis, use case modeling),
b. analysis of the problem (requirements),
c. modeling the problem (abstract, formal, conceptual),
d. refinement of the solution (architecture, global design, detailed design, implementation),
e. taking emerging and possibly conflicting constraints into consideration,
f. integrating parts of a solution,
g. verification and validation of the solution.
2) Be aware of relevant industry best-practices in the context of business developments where products are becoming more multidisciplinary, increasingly complex and increasingly interconnected and distributed; where markets are becoming increasingly competitive with an ever shorter time-to-market; and where projects are becoming larger, more complex, increasingly multidisciplinary, and multi-site.
3) Have a scientific approach to design. A graduate should be capable of systematically exploring the available design options and be proficient in motivating the appropriateness of the particular design choices made for the context they apply to.
4) Be able to take a leading role in solving multidisciplinary problems and have the competencies to effectively and efficiently cooperate in various roles in an international and multidisciplinary project-oriented environment
5) Effectively participate in a team in the design and development of complex, innovative products from all disciplines relevant for the high tech industry.
6) Collaborate with engineers from other disciplines for the realization of the aforementioned products.
7) Technically lead a team of engineers and designers in an industrial environment.
This results in a number of competitive advantages for a career in the design and development of products and services for the high-tech industry.