Constructions on TU/e Campus
The TU/e is working on a modern, green campus.Due to the construction of the TU/e Campus (which will be ready in 2020) and events organized in the aforementioned area, certain locations sometimes may be less accessible.
Whenever areas at the TU/e Campus are less accessible, we will list the locations and dates on this page.
We are dealing with two different buildings sites, namely phase 1 with presence of the EPC of the TU/e and phase 2 without presence of the EPC.
Building site design phase 1 (early June – 6 July 2018)
The main entrance of the Fontys ER (Eindhoven Rondom) building, the former TNO-building, will remain accessible. The porter of Fontys and of EPC has a desk in the atrium. The building site is enclosed by building fences. To prevent tripping of the foot construction fences with poles have been placed in the ground near the foot and cycle path. Both the bike as the footpath remain accessible. At the entrance of the TU/e terrain there are barriers for the traffic.
The performer will use the road and terrain near the Athene building. The construction fences have been placed such a way that the entrance of Athene remains accessible without entering the building site. The site of the Department of Chemical Engineering where chemicals are being saved, always remains available for supply. At the entrance of the building site there will be a porter as from the summer holiday 2018.
TU/e offers the construction personnel/subcontractors the possibility to park at the parking place P11 on the TU/e site, (link to map) with sufficient places. Near the Athene building there are parking places available for employees of the implementation team.
Existing landscape plan
After the completion of the building the landscape plan will be renewed by Fontys, for which MTD Landschapsarchitecten (designer of the Groene Loper) is making the design. The light poles, outdoor lighting, flagpoles and planters do not come back in the design. The landscape will be completely renewed. The barrier and the artwork will be removed during the construction work.
Move EPC from the TU/e
The EPC is currently using a part of the ground floor in the Fontys ER building. Originally they would move on 06-06-2018 but on request, this has been extended to 06-07-2018. After the EPC has been moved we proceed to the building site design phase 2.
Building site design phase 2 (July 6 – June 2019)
The main entrance of the building will be involved with the building site. The access of this area is on the side of the Groene Loper. In the current situation, the relevant door is an escape door. This door will be provided with a temporary access control via the access control system of Fontys. The building fences near the Athene building will be moved. When the TU/e wants access to Athene, after notification by the contractor, access will be granted.
Wednesday May 30, 2018 between 6:00 and 9:00hrs, the Groene Loper will be closed between the Vertigo building and halfway the MetaForum building. This because of the delivery of the staircase of the Matrix building. A deposition will be made. The path along the pond will be available.
Check out the drawing.
The 2 tower cranes around the Atlas building will be dismantled by Van Wijnen and then drained on Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31 May and Friday 1 June. This means:
- 30 May: dismantle crane on the East side. No passage possible at De Zaale from Den Dolech, for all traffic: motorists, cyclists, pedestrians. From entrance John F. Kennedylaan only parking site P1 near the Auditorium building is accessible.
- 31 May: dismantle crane on West side. For maximum 2 hours entrance John F. Kennedylaan closed and no passage possible at De Zaale from Den Dolech, for all traffic: motorists, cyclists, pedestrians. There is a trafic devider present.
- 1 June: dismantle attachment crane. For maximum 2 hours entrance John F. Kennedylaan closed and no passage De Zaale from Den Dolech, for all traffic: motorists, cyclists, pedestrians. There is a trafic devider present.
On June 5, 2018, betwee 7:30 and 11:30 hrs, the road near the Cascade building will be temporarily closed. This because of a crane that will be placed for the replacement of a window in Cascade.
Check out the drawing.
During the redevelopment of the Atlas building it is inevitable that you will notice something of the constructions. Think of the many trucks which will drive around the building. Also, certain roads will be temporarily less accessible. Van Wijnen will try to keep noise and traffic congestion to a minimum, specifically in exam periods and during the Information Days. For questions and /or complaints during the construction you can contact the Frontoffice of Real Estate Management or call: 040-247 2650.
- the pedestrian /bicycle path on the South side of Atlas, on the other side of the pond has been expanded. This because of the closure of the passage South side of Atlas /pond. Check out the drawing of the situation;
- the road between MetaForum and Atlas is closed for all traffic, exc. pedestrians, emergency services, and security.