Research group Mechanics of Materials, Professor M.G.D. Geers, PhD, department Mechanical Engineering TU/e. PhD research by S.H.A. Boers, MSc.
Automatically reconfigurable discrete mould, comprised of 1846 separate pins for material research.
- Discretization by 1846 pins, each with a diameter of 1 mm
- x-y-z control for setpoint realization of the separate pins
- Max. setpoint of the separate pins: 25mm
- Absolute positioning accuracy of the pins: < 0.1 mm
- Positioning time of all pins: < 8 minutes
- Surface area of pin matrix: 40 x 50 mm
- Fixation of the pin matrix by hydraulic cylinders