The group Plasma and Materials Processing is unique in its approach to study plasma and surface processes in situ and in real time during processing by employing a large set of existing and newly-developed plasma and surface diagnostics.
Our approach to research in 5 points:
- At P&MP we conduct high-quality scientific research for publication in high-impact journals in applied physics and related fields.
- Our research is application-oriented. The research questions and aims are triggered by both current developments and future trends in technology.
- We aim to pioneer new technological advances through collaborations with industrial partners. This is generally geared towards innovations withing a 5-10 years timeframe.
- We place a strong emphasis on the valorization of research, thereby bridging academic research and applications.
- We take a multidisciplinary approach to our research as manifested by the various educational backgrounds of our group members.