Enrollment for students with a Dutch diploma
University's allow you to enroll as a student, part-time student, external student or as a contract student. As a student you may participate in study programs, take exams, participate in sports events, make use of study guidance, etc. Only full-time students with the Dutch nationality (barring a few exceptions) are eligible for a student grant.
If you are commencing your studies at the TU/e, you must register in Studielink before May 1. In order to register in Studielink, you must first get a DigiD. If you do not already have one, please contact the Dutch tax office on time and request one. Please note it takes several days for the tax office to process your request.
Once you have registered in Studielink, your enrollment in the TU/e is not complete. You can only officially be registered at the TU/e if you have met the registration requirements (admission and payment of tuition fees). In that event, you will receive the TU/e campus card (your student card or university ID) and a login account. The account gives you access to the digital education and ICT facilities of the TU/e. You will be given an e-mail address and access to the digital education system.
Enrollment procedure for first-year students
- Enroll for the study program of your choice through Studielink before May 1.
- Check whether your e-mail address is correct in Studielink, because that is the address the TU/e will be using to send you messages for the time being.
- Choosing the right study program is very important. The TU/e has a compulsory academic career check to help you assess whether your choice of study program is correct. After registration, you will receive a message about the academic career check from the study program you enrolled for.
- In July 2017 you will receive the TU/e enrollment form. In addition, you will receive an e-mail about the Orientation Week and information about applying for a notebook computer.
- If you are not sure whether your prior education gives you access to the study program of your choice, please check the admission requirements.
- As of June 2017 you can choose your method of payment through Studielink and arrange your tuition fee for the academic year of 2017-2018. Your enrollment will only be finalized once the TU/e has received payment or authorization for a direct debit order concerning the tuition fee. For more information about payments and tuition fees, click here.
- Once you have enrolled at the TU/e, you will receive a login account that gives you access to the digital education and ICT facilities of the TU/e. Moreover, you will be given an e-mail address and access to the digital education system of the TU/e. After your enrollment has been finalized, your student card (university ID) will be sent to your home address.
- You can check the status of your enrollment request through Studielink under the heading 'my programs'. Check Studielink regularly to see whether you have received any messages from us concerning your enrollment.
- Reserve the week of August 21 to 25, 2017 in your agenda for the Orientation Week at the TU/e. During this week you will receive essential information on studying at the TU/e, meet your coach and your fellow students, and learn about student life in Eindhoven.
Note: return your enrollment form together with the required documents before August 8, 2017, to ensure that your enrollment will be processed in time. After this date we can no longer guarantee this, so your student and/or enrollment card may not arrive on time.
The academic year 2017-2018 will start on Friday, September 1, 2017. Your study grant and student travel card will be valid from that date. Classes will start on September 4, 2017.