8TB00 - Biomechanica
- Vector calculus/ vector operations /decomposition with respect to a basis
- Concepts of Force and Moment / Newton's laws /tensor- en matrix notation / drawing conventions
- Equilibrium of force and momentum / free body diagrams
- Modelling of 1-dimensional fibers and muscles
- Viscoelastic behavior
- Analysis of a 1-D-continuum / strain /stress /material behaviour
- Understanding of scalar and vector quantities in coordinate free notation as well as matrix notation after introduction of a basis.
- Understanding of the concepts of forces and moments
- Understanding force- and moment equilibrium
- Being able to create free-body diagrams to calculate internal forces and moments
- Understanding of simplified 1-dimensional models to describe elastic behaviour of fibres and muscles
- Basic understanding of viscoelastic behaviour
- Understanding the concepts of stress and strain
Responsible lecturer: B. (Bert) van Rietbergen.
Co-lecturer: C.W.J. (Cees) Oomens.