Taking a PhD

Working at TU/e

If you would like to do a PhD, you have to apply for a PhD position. If you are accepted, you will be employed by the university. You will have a formal contract of employment for four years to carry out your doctoral research work. This means you will also be paid a salary by TU/e.

To be admitted to a PhD position, you need to have a university diploma (Master of Science or ‘ingenieur') or have gained an equivalent degree, for example from a university in another country. 

For more information about taking a PhD, visit the website Working at TU/e.