Master Architecture, Building and Planning
The globalizing world will increasingly face natural, demographic, societal and spatial developments. In the Master program Architecture, Building and Planning, you will learn to encounter these developments by translating them into smart, healthy and sustainable opportunities for the built environment.
Within the master’s program Architecture Building and Planning, we offer four core programs:
- Architectural Urban Design and Engineering
- Building Physics and Services
- Structural Design
- Urban Systems and Real Estate
Within the master program students get the possibility to enroll in the Smart Cities course (7LY8M0).
Smart Cities course
How do smart city technologies affect the built environment and the way we use the built environment? How can smart city technologies contribute to our societal challenges? In the course 7LY8M0 Smart Cities you gain knowledge on ongoing technological research relevant to the development of smart cities with an emphasis on smart energy and smart mobility. After an introduction into these fields and a literature study, teams of students will work on self-chosen projects including two assignments. The first assignment is to define a relevant problem and the second assignment is to solve that problem.
After completing this course, students acquired knowledge about smart cities technologies related to energy and mobility:
- acquired knowledge about smart cities technologies related to energy and mobility
- are able to define a relevant smart cities problem
- are able to write a proposal on how to approach and solve the problem
- are able to solve the problem according to the proposed approach, using appropriate techniques/software
Graduate students who would like to focus on a Smart Cities topic within their graduation project, can contact the Smart Cities Program by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The SCP/e can help students to find the right guidance by tutors and/or companies on their topic of choice.