R.H.C. (Remy) Wenmaekers MSc - Expertise
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB EINDHOVEN
In 2006, Remy graduated with honours as a Master of Science in Architecture, Building and Planning, with a specialization in Building Physics (track “Physics of the Built Environment”). Since 2006, he is acoustic consultant, researcher and teacher at the company Level Acoustics & Vibration (LA&V) housed in the acoustics laboratory of the department of the Built Environment at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e BPS).
LA&V's mission is to transfer knowledge by participating in innovative building designs and applied research and by organising master classes. Remy has worked on various building projects developing solutions to optimise the room acoustics and the insulation of sound. He applies various laboratory and field measurements and prediction modelling methods. He is teacher by giving lectures, organising workshops/courses and supervising students at TU/e and other universities.
Examples of projects were Remy Wenmaekers was involved are:
- office buildings (e.g. ministry building Rijnstraat 8 The Hague, architect OMA)
- auditoria (e.g. RIVM Utrecht, Felix Claus Dick van Wageningen Architecten)
- concert venues (e.g. Theatre de Vest, Alkmaar, architect TenBrasWestinga)
- outdoor sports venues (e.g. noise barrier for Raceway Venray)
- master classes on room and building acoustics (e.g. Eddy Gerretsen, Anders Gade)
- lectures and workshops (e.g. room acoustics for Hogeschool van Amsterdam)
- measurement expeditions with students (e.g. Amphitheatres Greece)
Working at Level Acoustics & Vibration, Remy shares results from research related to projects at scientific conferences. Preliminary research on the concert hall stage of Casa da Musica by Renz van Luxemburg, the founder of LA&V, was the basis for a PhD research on the topic of stage acoustics. The final result of this project is a thesis containing 6 published 1st author journal papers on stage acoustics, see the project website. Besides, he (co)authored many other published journal papers, conference papers and professional publications on various topics in acoustics.