prof.dr.ir. J.P.M.G. (Jean-Paul) Linnartz - Expertise
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB EINDHOVEN
Share / Bookmark
- Staff link TU/e
- My courses on Wireless Communication have been compiled into a CD-ROM published by Springer and is now freely available on the Internet. In particular, the description of multipath propagation remains popular, as well as the fundamentals of random access
- Radio always had my interest, not only because of the technical aspects of propagation, modulation and demodulation, access protocols, but also the aspect of making broadcast radio programs. In my student time, I worked freelance for Dutch public broadcas
- Fellow at Philips Lighting Research
- D14310 - Telecommunication engineering
- D16200 - Software, algorithms, control systems
- Optical Wireless Communication
- Signal Processing
- Wireless communication
Jean-Paul Linnartz is Research Fellow with Philips Lighting and Professor at TU/e. His main research topic is Intelligent Lighting Systems and Optical Wireless Communication.
Previously he was a Senior Director and Department Head at Philips Research in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. He authored many scientific papers about electronic watermarks and radio communications (OFDM, MC-CDMA, random access). He was a faculty member at the University of California at Berkeley and at Delft University of Technology. He received his ir. degree from Eindhoven University of Technology and his PhD for Delft University of Technology, both in The Netherlands.