prof.dr. A. (Antonio) Liotta - Expertise
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB EINDHOVEN
- Data Science (network science)
- Complex networks (swarm computing)
- Networking (sensor networks)
- Networking (simulation)
- Networking (cognitive networks)
- Multimedia (user's quality of experience)
- Multimedia (cognitive streaming)
- Telecommunications (network management)
- Telecommunications (service management)
- Telecommunications (software-defined networks)
- Data Science (urban informatics)
- Data Science (smart sensing)
- Complex networks (autonomic computing)
- Data science (machine learning)
- Intelligent systems (smart city)
- Intelligent systems (Internet of Things)
- Intelligent systems (smart Grid)
- Intelligent systems (smart lighting)
- Intelligent systems (Cyber-Physical Systems)
- Complex networks (learning networks)
- Telecommunications (future Internet)
- Networking (mobile)
- Multimedia (P2P IPTV)
- Networking (energy efficiency)
- Networking (spectrum efficiency)
- Data science (big IoT data)
Antonio Liotta is a Full Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e). His areas of expertise include complex networks and various aspects of networking, telecommunications, multimedia, Intelligent systems, Data Science and networking. With his team, he explores network and data science in the context of complex communications and smart sensing, particularly Data Mining and the Internet of Things.
Antonio studies new network concepts that will allow us to tackle the IoT data deluge as a distributed data-mining problem, bringing future internet research efforts alongside data science. His group has pioneered the concept of learning networks, which has the potential to reshape the networks of the future. His work on smart networks has been featured in IEEE Spectrum and has recently reached an important milestone with the demonstration of miniature machine learning processes within sensors having as little as 10Kbytes of memory.
Antonio Liotta received an MSc in Electronic and Computer Engineering from the University of Pavia, Italy, an MSc in ICT (with honors) from the Politecnico Milano, Italy and a PhD in Computer Science from University College London. He has held previous position at the University of Surrey and University of Essex before joining TU/e. Antonio is also a Visiting Professor at the University of Derby, Founding Chair of the Smart Networks group, Co-founding Chair of the Data Science Center, Scientific board member at the Institute for Research in ICT, Contributing Chair to the Center for Wireless Technology, the Netherlands Institute for Research on ICT, and the Eindhoven Intelligent Lighting Institute and Scientific Advisor of Fractal Networx and SmartDutch.
Antonio is a fellow of HEA and IARIA, a Senior Member of IEEE and CNI and a member of KIVI. He is on several IEEE Technical Committees and Editor-in-Chief of Internet of Things: Technology, Communications and Computing, Associate Editor, Journal of Network and System Management (Springer), Associate Editor, International Journal of Network Management and Editorial Board member of JNCA, JMM, IJMCS, IJDMB, IJDSN, CS&EIJ.