EOS Research Program
Projects at the TU/e
Electrical Infrastructure of the Future (preside at TU/e group EES):
- Functional specification and design of new infrastructures.
- Distribution network fully controlled by power electronics.
- Specification and design of information and communication technology (ICT)
- Evaluation on economical aspects and market perspectives
Power Quality in future infrastructures (preside at TU/e group EES):
- New probable boundary conditions of the electricity use.
- Economical optimum
- Characteristics and interactions of the connected apparatus/generators
- New developments of the power electronic devices
Control and Reserve Power (preside at TU/e group CS):
- Effects of DG on the required amount of control and reserve power.
- Requirements and measures to secure a reliable electrical energy supply with the lowest costs and environmental impact
- No central control on available production capacity and load estimation
Transition Roadmap Energy Infrastructure in the Netherlands (preside at TU/e group AW):
- Experiments en demonstration based projects accelerating the transition forward a sustainable energy supply.
- “Toolbox” consisting of new technical, economical and social variables and models
- Behavior and response of several actors on new integrated technical- economical-social systems and structures