The Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences (IE&IS) aims to be a leading school in the area of industrial engineering and management science as well as in innovation sciences.
The mission of IE&IS is closely tied to its pioneering work in developing an engineering perspective of business processes as well as its interdisciplinary research on transitions in societies in relation to technological change.
As a part of Eindhoven University of Technology, the department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences focuses on research and education in:
• The analysis, (re)design, and control of operational processes in organizations and the information systems needed for these processes.
• The realization and impact of technological innovations at the individual, organizational, and societal levels.
Significant focal points in the education and research of the Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences are:
- human performance management
- information systems
- new product development processes
- production, maintenance, materials coordination & transportation
- philosophy of technology: ethics and epistemology of innovation
- psychology of human-technology interaction
- technology flows, the knowledge economy, and economic performance
- modern societies in transition, system innovations and sustainability transitions.