prof.dr. A.G. (Ton) de Kok - Expertise
P.O. Box 513
5600 MB EINDHOVEN
Share / Bookmark
- D14240 - Manufacturing technology, mechanical technology, robotics
- D14230 - Vehicle technology and transport technology
- D70000 - Economics and Business Administration
- D42200 - Social and public administration
- Supply chain management
- Operational excellence
- International industrial developments
Ton de Kok is a Full Professor holding the chair of Quantitative analysis of logistical management problems in the section Operations, Planning, Accounting and Control at TU/e. His primary research areas are Supply Chain Management and Concurrent Engineering with an emphasis on quantitative analysis. His research results have been successfully tested and implemented in a multitude of projects with industry. Algorithms for computing inventory control parameters have been implemented at over 20 companies as an outcome of MSc projects. A simple formula to determine the output of an assembly line has been used at Nedcar to redesign the final assembly of cars. Over the next five years his research focus will be on SCM in Configure-To-Order supply chains and SCM in process industry.
Ton de Kok received his PhD from the Free University of Amsterdam in 1985, after which he joined the Philips Electronics Centre for Quantitative Methods (CQM. In 1990, he became Manager Logistics Innovation of Philips and a Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM) of the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS). In 1991 he was appointed part-time professor in Industrial Mathematics at TU/e and he has been a full time professor Operations Management since 1992. Previously, he was also head of Operations Planning, Accounting, and Control at TU/e.
Ton has been a teaching professor at Boston University Brussels from 1990-1992, VLM (Logistics Management Association) board member and Scientific Director of research school Beta. He has published numerous articles and has been a (keynote) speaker at a wide variety of schools and events.
- TIASNimbas Academic Director Executive Master Operational Excellence / Academic Council member
- International Society for Inventory Research (ISIR) Fellow
- European Supply Chain Forum (eSCF) Director
- Research school Beta (Fellow)
Partners in (semi-)industry
- ChainScope (CTO)