Delft Data Science Seminar
- 15 June
- 09:30 - 14:30
- Science Centre, TU Delft
- From 01 May
- Delft Data Science & TUDelft
Data analytics, used across society, industry and academia, are affecting all of our lives. They have the capacity to improve the decisions we make, but can we trust them?
To address this question Delft Data Science organizes a seminar that will discuss Trusted Data Analytics from a scientific, societal and business perspective.
We will dive deeper into questions such as:
- how can data science be used in a trusted manner by scientists; reproducible and generalizable outside of the lab?
- how do data technologies impact consumers, e.g. via filter bubbles?
- what is the effect of encoding bias in automated decisions and regulations for private companies and public organisations?
This event is the newest edition in the series of Delft Data Science seminars organized at TU Delft. With these events we bring together scientists, business and public organizations and provide a platform where knowledge can be shared and exchanged on specific topics.
09:00-09:30 Registration + Coffee/ tea
09:45-10:45 Simone Stumpf, CITY University of London
11:00-11:25 Engin Bozdag, Philips
11:25-11:50 Magdalena Wojcieszak, University of California Davis
11:50-12:15 Julio Gonzalo, UNED: Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia
- Engin Bozdag, Philips
- Julio Gonzalo; UNED: Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia
- Daan Odijk, RTL
- René Penning de Vries, Team ICT
- Simone Strumpf, CITY University of London
- Magdalena Wojcieszak, University of California Davis